The Guild For Service is a national voluntary developmental organization in consultative status with the ECOSOC of the United Nations.dedicated towards the empowerment of marginalized women and children.
Through our various projects, women and children affected by conflict situations and other unfortunate circumstances are empowered economically, politically and socially by ensuring them their rights.
- Begun four decades ago under the chair personship of Dr. Mohini Giri (Former Chair of National Commission for Women. Today the Guild is governed by a Board of Trustees which guide the policy and the work ethos
- Mandated with empowering marginalized women and children.
- Combines domain knowledge gained by grass root work with the strength of advocacy,.
- The Guild initiates writes and presents papers on policy suggestions, reviews of gender laws and gender impact of projects, programs and budgets bot at national international and UN forums.
- The Guild works of proactive programs in the wake of emergency Immediately after the tsunami in Tamilnadu,the earthquake in Jammu & Kashmir, and the communal riots in Gujarat the Guild made major contributions to manage the disaster through effective distribution of essential supplies and running refuge and empowerment centres for the victims to help them to tide over their crisis
- Today the Guild runs a several homes and capacity building facilities in Mathura/Vrindavan, Delhi, Najafgarh, Sawai Madhopur and Kashmir.
- The mission of the Guild has been to help women and children to discover and tap their own strengths so that they can exercise the option of informed choice and take control of their lives.
- The Guild functions through the voluntary service of its members and the commitment of its paid staff
- All projects are implemented by the Guild of Service which is an all India registered society
- Sat Paul Mittal Award, 2013-11-16 for Outstanding work in the field of Empowerment.
- Rosalie Wolf Memorial Award, 2014-06-11 presented by the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse given by Chairperson Ms. Susan Somers.
Recommendations for Immediate Action to
prevent abuse of elderly women
The Core Team
|Dr. V. Mohini Giri
What we do