As part of the endeavors in advocacy and training the next generation in feminist issues the Guild conducts introductory course for students aiming to analyze gender and other vectors of inequality, both historically and in contemporary society, as reflected through texts, social practices, and social institutions in India.
What will you learn Short term
- A firm grounding on the dynamics of gender relations and its inter sectionality with power dynamics
- An understanding of cultures different from what they are familiar with.
- A capacity to understand the vital role women play in the socio cultural ethos
- An understanding of how supplementary status of women is an obstacle in eradication of poverty, the single most vital agenda in the world
- A gender sensitized understanding of developmental issues vital for those seeking careers in the developmental field and international funding agencies.
- An understanding of a different culture particularly for those seeking careers in journalism, creative writing, film production etc.
- Knowledge that will be a strong catalyst to explore the gender issues further.
Contact us for any query..
Institutions interested in conducting study abroad programs may contact the following:
- Meera Khanna (India): firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
- Joanne Watkins (USA): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ingrid Stellmacher (UK): email@example.com